COVID-19 Relief: Financial Necessity to Freebie Fun
During this crisis, it’s encouraging to see companies, vendors, employers and employees coming together with the hope of mitigating as much financial hardship as possible. In addition to the government programs and funding assistance available, there are many other organizations offering assistance where they can. Depending on your current situation, here is a short list of resources you may find helpful:
- Mortgage forgiveness and forbearance options
- Auto insurance refund information
- Auto loan payment options
- Bank of America loan deferrals
- Federal student loan relief
- Tax relief
- Phone services waiving overage fees or offering additional free data
There are also organizations offering their services to help make life at home a little more exciting.
- Did you know you can access many books for free online while bookstores and libraries are closed? Google Books also has a huge catalog, and you can adjust the search settings to show only free ebooks.
- America’s Test Kitchen is offering a special collection of 50 free recipes including pantry meals, make and freeze meals, and baking projects.
- The Metropolitan Opera in New York City is offering free nightly live opera performances.
- Many subscription services like Apple Music, Sling TV are offering their services for free or waiving fees
- Take a virtual tour of popular museums, zoos and amusement parks
There are many great resources and offerings coming available, so contact us if you find one worth sharing on our coronavirus (COVID-19) Resource Center. You can also estimate how much your economic impact payment will be with the calculator in our resource center – check it out!